With the Fall season upon us, you may be thinking about remodeling your home next year. Whether it’s a total overhaul, or just a few updates here and there, you may want to check out some of the latest trends for remodeling coming up in 2018.
- No longer are the muted greys and browns the fad. Popular new colors include bright blue, green, fuchsia, and purple, which are complemented by iridescent tones of turquoise and hot pink, white, and frosted almond. Bright colors are also the new trend in appliances, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and more.
- Geometric patterns will appear on tile backsplashes, wallpaper, or wall art, even pillows or throws. You can design one wall or all in these cool geometric prints, especially in a kitchen or bathroom.
- Quartz is in, granite is out. Quartz is preferable because of its durability, textures and other options not available with granite. And it’s not only for countertops any more. Stone sinks made of quartz are growing in popularity as well.
- Not many of us consider doors as much of a contributor to décor. But you can add colors and patterns to them, as well as switch up the hardware.
- It’s not just for floors anymore! Wood can be used in many other ways to beautify your home. Lamps, flowerpots and other items can be made with wood. Even ceilings and walls look great when made with or complemented by wood trim.
- Decorating pillows, throws and blankets are a current hot item, but this trend will expand to other small furniture item—even curtains–as well. Who knows, maybe even adding fringe to lighting fixtures could work!
- Whether it’s a pillow laced with gold thread or beads, a metal coffee table or lamps, metallic tend to add shine and sparkle to a room. These metals tend to complement the fabric furnishings to create a polished look.
Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Trends
While you can remodel every space in your home, the kitchen and bathroom are the areas that result in the biggest change, both in general and for return on investment. As there are trends in 2018 for home décor, there, too, are some great new ideas for these important rooms in your home.
We’ve already mentioned that granite is out for countertops, while quartz is the more preferred material for several reasons. It can be used on countertops, sinks and other items.
Shiny brass faucets, door knobs, lighting fixtures; brass is coming back. If you don’t want to go that bright, rose gold is also another popular trend.
Porcelain is still the choice for the classic sink; however, stone is rising in popularity. There is a variety of stone to choose from, including onyx, marble, limestone, travertine, sandstone, granite, petrified wood and river rock. All have their own unique finish.
Two-toned and bleached wood cabinets are becoming the rage. Also, the glass doors from yesteryear are becoming more popular. Use your imagination and personal taste in mixing and matching styles and colors throughout your home.
Boring, white tile is out! Texture, color, pattern and unique design have taken its place.
A multi-functional shower, with a bench, steam system, anti-fog mirrors, and other add-on conveniences can make the bathroom more streamlined and functional. Built-in shelves to hold shampoo, soap, etc. can be added as space-savers, as well.
If you’ve ever sold a home, your realtor likely told you to clear your countertops to give the kitchen and baths a look of roominess and cleanliness. Now you can have specialty cabinets to hold your small appliances in the kitchen instead of them sitting atop your counters. In the bathroom, cabinets and vanities can be installed to hide away your toiletries and other items when not in use.
Contact Finnteriors for Your Next Home Remodeling Project
Every year brings new style and trends for remodeling and redesigning your home. Of course, you need to consider your own tastes, functionality and especially, your budget.
Finnteriors can take on any remodeling project and work within your specified budget and requirements. We have been in business since 1990 as a family owned and operated construction and remodeling company. You will receive professional remodeling services at a great price.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you get that remodeling project started!