Are you tired of the outdated fixtures in your bathroom? Does it look like something from the 60s or 70s? Is the tub, sink, toilet or tiles stained beyond cleaning or scratched/cracked? There could be various reasons to remodel your bathroom, and we’ve include five top ones here.
1. Remodeled Bathrooms Increase Your Home’s Value.
Remodeling bathrooms provides one of the best returns on investment in increasing the value of your home. Not only do you get to enjoy the fresh new look of your remodeled bathroom, you’ll be able to tack on a higher sale price if and when you decide to sell.
2. New Fixtures Are Energy Efficient.
New plumbing and lighting use less energy, so you’ll save some money on water and electricity in the long run by installing them in your remodeled bathroom.
3. You Get More Storage Space.
It’s easy to add additional storage space when remodeling a bathroom. This makes it easier to keep the room tidy so it looks less cluttered.
4. It Will Fix Those Nagging Problems.
If your bathroom has existing issues with plumbing, leaking, and broken items, remodeling will take care of them all at the same time, so you don’t have to worry about them.
5. You Just Need a Change.
Haven’t you put up with those outdated colors and styles long enough? You deserve to have a functional and attractive bathroom that will be enjoyable for many years to come.
See our blog for tips for planning a bathroom remodel.
Hiring Professionals to Remodel Your Bathroom Is the Way to Go
You may be a great do-it-yourselfer, able to fix issues around the house. You may consider tackling the bathroom remodel yourself to save some money. (Let’s face it, most would not even consider doing it themselves except for the “cost savings”.) But you might want to think twice about that. Remember the adage, “You get what you pay for”. Unless you’re a professional contractor, the results may not be worth the savings, if there indeed are any.
Some things you need to consider before deciding to remodel that bathroom yourself:
- Knowledge and Experience: Remodeling a bathroom requires various types of expertise and knowledge. Things like plumbing, electricity, installing flooring and tile, dry-walling, adding cabinets and appliances, painting—no one person can be an expert in all of these areas.
- Time and Effort. Although your bathroom is likely the smallest room in your house, the effort required to remodel it can be considerable. With one person doing the work, the time to complete will be much longer. And if you already have a “job” outside of the remodeling, down time will be extended exponentially.
- Yes, by doing it yourself, you can save money on professional labor. But professionals also have the proper tools and materials needed to do the job right. You may be learning as you go, which can result in do-overs, costing more than you planned for.
- If you have a professional complete the project, you get a professional-looking remodel. You’ll get your bathroom back quicker, better and more attractive than ever before.
Don’t Take on that Bathroom Remodel Yourself
There are plenty of repairs and improvements you can accomplish yourself if you have the knowledge or willingness to learn. However, bathroom remodeling is a project that requires multiple areas of expertise and a great deal of effort for one person.
Hire the professionals at Finnteriors instead! Our team consists of specialized technicians, knowledgeable in the areas of plumbing, flooring, electricity, dry-walling and flooring. We can also assist you on the design of your new and improved bathroom.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you get that remodeled bathroom that you want and deserve!