The bathroom in any home is one of the most used spaces beside the kitchen. Whether it’s used to get ready for the day or to unwind before bed, bathrooms should add a sense of relaxation and comfort to daily routines. If a bathroom is lacking in storage, amenities, or personality, changes must be made. Finnteriors can help make remodeling dreams become a reality.
Everyone loves a bright and functional bathroom. Here are a few popular bathroom remodeling options to implement to make it one of a kind.
1. Add a Pop of Color. Color can be injected into a bathroom through the accessories used. A bold color such as red or blue adds personality and energy to the space. A red soap dispenser, patterned rug, or a blue bathtub are simple ways to add color and a new feel to this often-used space.
2. Large Bathtubs/Open Showers. Homeowners today love to wind down after a long day in a large bathtub. The bigger the bathtub, the better opportunity for relaxation. Jacuzzi-style tubs aren’t as popular as they used to be due to the bathroom remodeling trend of adding larger bathtubs.
Open showers appear to visually increase the size of a bathroom, while also making it roomier. While some may find an open shower design has a lack of privacy, others enjoy the accessible openness and increased shower space.
3. Proper Ventilation. Bathroom ventilation does not add storage or make the room feel bigger, but it does make a bathroom feel better. Adequate ventilation should be installed in newly remodeled bathrooms. Unfortunately, many homeowners neglect this important aspect. Ventilation in a bathroom helps reduce humidity and prevents the buildup of mold and mildew.
Investing in a top-quality exhaust fan ensures better indoor air quality. Most bathroom ventilation fans are installed on the ceiling to draw steamy air out of the bathroom. Opt for a recessed ventilation fan to keep the ceiling looking sleek and uncluttered.
4. Gold and Brass Fixtures. Warmer tones can be implemented with accent pieces in a bathroom. Gold and brass fixtures add a traditional element to bathrooms and offer another option than the heavily used polished chrome fixtures. Cabinet hardware, light fixtures, and mirrors in gold or brass complement a bathroom perfectly.
New finish options for gold and brass fixtures include satin and matte. Gold and brass accents also pair well with off-white and blue colors. They look amazing in many different style settings.
5. A Floating Vanity. Need to make the bathroom appear larger? A creative way to enlarge a bathroom is by installing a bathroom counter that appears to float. The open space below the cabinets allows for more light to move through the bathroom, thus creating the illusion of more space. This design element works well in a clean, modern and sleek bathroom remodel.
6. Unique Tile Patterns. Technology has ushered in a variety of tile options to make any bathroom stand out. From different shapes and patterns such as hexagon, diamond, and chevron, there is something for every design style. These patterns and shapes can also be used as bathroom backsplashes on the shower wall.
7. Compact Storage. Cabinets, shelves, and storage areas help keep households organized. Gone are the days of overcrammed and messy cabinets. This lifestyle is believed to help relieve stress. The bathroom should be a sanctuary and compact storage can effectively provide just that. Hidden cabinets, modern wall shelving, and storage space under the vanity will make the bathroom appear less cluttered, allowing the entire space to feel more open.
For over 20 years, Finnteriors has provided quality general contracting services for the St. Louis area. Specialties include kitchen, bathroom, and basement remodeling. The contractors at Finnteriors takes the biggest investment in owning a home and make it more valuable over time. Finnteriors has many national and international accreditations to show a high level of commitment to learning and implementing best practices.