Planning for Your Remodeling Project
Remodeling your home is a huge project. Starting your remodeling project can be overwhelming.
Preparing for your project in full will ensure you achieve your desired outcome.
From the planning to the celebration of a finished space for your family, the right tips can help your journey be smoother and filled with wonderful results.
Starting the Remodeling Project — The Ins-And-Outs Of Getting The Job Done
Taking the time to make a plan before your begin your project will save you time and money while creating a sense of organization. Planning is the key to a successful outcome.
- Make A List: Before starting any project you should first jot down some ideas about what you want. Your ideas will fuel your project.
- Budget Building: Your budget will expand and at times restrict your project. This aspect of planning is the foundation for your remodeling project.
- An Owner’s Representative: An owner’s rep will act as an advocate for you, overseeing the remodeling and standing by you in the process.
- Scaled Plans: The National Association of the Remodeling Industry suggests using a scaled plan to illustrate your project; this gives you a good way to quickly visualize the final results.
- Make sure To Talk With Your Insurance Agent: Your insurance agent will verify that your policy covers the project for potential accidents and that it’s appropriate for when the remodeling upgrade is complete.
- Choosing Your Team: Your contractor will provide the team for the heavy-lifting of your project. The contractor will steer the project in the right direction, by-passing pitfalls and reaching the goals you’ve established.
- Placing Your Orders: Placing your orders for lumber or light fixtures is the next step. Supplies should be thoroughly inspected to make sure the order is complete and not damaged in transit.
- Going Deep: A contractor will “go deep” to work on elements of the house such as plumbing or electrical. Doing this in advance of other work ensures that further work is prevented which would cost you more.
- The Icing On The Cake: It’s time for the final touches! This includes painting and flooring installation, these remodeling elements usually reserved as the last steps in the process.
- The New Value Of Your Home: The Allstate Blog says that upon completion it’s a good idea to have your home reappraised, a much higher value usually being the result, post-remodel.
Reaching The Finish Line – Ready, Set, Go!
You can never plan too much in starting your remodeling project.
Being prepared for the big project is definitely the place to start, the final product based on your attention to the details.
Based in Missouri and servicing both St. Louis and St. Charles Counties for over 20 years, Finnteriors Construction Services is a locally owned and operated, general-contracting business providing customers with exceptional service at fair and competitive prices.
A+ rated by the BBB, Finnteriors Construction Services specialize in kitchen, bath and basement remodeling, as well as offering window, painting, and roofing services.